Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bits and Pieces


The weather has been awful this week. Grey and dark, the temperature on the thermometor is deceivingly warm, but as soon as you go outside you are hit with an icy, biting wind that chills you to the bone. Everything, including my back yard is covered in a sheet of ice. No use trying to play outside, so indoors it is today. I think I will put on a movie for the kiddos as a treat. I don't like having them sit in front of a screen very often but I have a horrible cold and there is no safe place to play outside, so I'll give myself a pass.



We finally got the nursery painted on the weekend and the crib is set up. It's not decorated, and we have no window treatments or closet doors, but I feel so much better knowing we at least have a fresh space with a proper crib ready and waiting. I am not a last minute type of person so I feel relieved knowing that the bare basics are at least in place for this baby. 13 weeks left! Which probably means 14 and a half....



We went shopping the other day for nursery stuff. I had been saving money and had a couple hundred dollars I wanted to spend. I was looking for an area rug, some curtains and a curtain rod, a light fixture and black frames with large white mattes. Oh, and a lamp. And anything else that might be cute/catch my eye. I came home with nothing. Seriously, 3 hours of shopping and not a single thing. I almost cried on the way home...online shopping has not produced anything I can afford once I factor in shipping and duty.



I have been stalking Old Navy online all week. I am filling up a cart with sale items for Brook; shirts for as low as $2.99! I am waiting to order until Black Friday...hoping I will get an even better deal. She has no need for clothes right now, so I am purchasing everything in the next size up to put away for when she grows.   How is my baby already going to be wearing size 4 soon? sniff sniff.


Been thinking a lot about Christmas lately...about traditions and what I want to create for Brook. Thinking a lot about how I can find ways for her to be involved in giving and surprising others this holiday season, focusing on doing things for others rather than just receiving presents. Thinking about ways to make it magical without spending a lot of money, and making it about time together rather than "stuff"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...