Thursday, March 21, 2013

An Ombre' Dresser





Remember when I gave myself a deadline to finish 3 projects that had been lingering in the garage for way too long?


Well, I'm happy to report that I finished one! The dresser is finally out of the garage and in Brook's room where it belongs.


Last week I dug out my paint swatches, spread them out across Brook's bed and chose one that matched perfectly to the pink in her bedspread. A quick trip to the paint store while the Mister gave the dresser a light sanding and a coat of primer, and we were in business!


crumbsinmypurse.blogspot.com


I painted the bottom drawer first, and then poured some paint into a paint tray and added a splash of white. A quick stir and I painted the next drawer. Another splash of white paint, stir, and repeat.



crumbsinmypurse.blogspot.com


It's not perfect, but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out! It was a good way to step outside of my comfort zone, which is white, white, and more white.



crumbsinmypurse.blogspot.com



crumbsinmypurse.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...