Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cookies


I have decided to carry on the tradition my mom started with me of making special heart shaped cookies every February.

Growing up, we always made classic sugar cookies with pink and white icing, and topped them with cinnamon red hots. Always.

As much as I loved our tradition, I am the sort of person who is always itching to try something new! I doubt I will make the same cookies every year - I like to mix it up!

I have been scouring the internet for ideas, and have come across so many adorable cookies and techniques!



I love these stained glass looking ones








These peanut butter cookies with chocolate hearts would be easy for little helpers 





Or maybe classic sugar cookies with a rainbow of icing colors(although we'd skip the black)





These are unique and oh so adorable!







And these neopolitan cookies are so pretty!




Royal icing is always impressive

Image source




I doubt I will attempt anything this complicated with a three year old helper, but, oh...swoon!




Even something as simple as cereal treats look impressive when tinted pink (maybe some sprinkles thrown in for good measure)



So many beautiful cookies . . . the options are endless! I am trying to decide which ones we will tackle this year. Hopefully this weekend is full of sprinkles and the sound of my mixer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...