Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bits and Pieces


-I have six weeks until my due date. Seven weeks max and this baby will be here. It is starting to seem very real and I am getting VERY excited!

-The nursery is finished for now. I'd still like to add a tiny table beside my rocker for putting a drink and a book on, and a carpet. But if neither of those things happen I will still be ok with how it looks and functions. It is the same furniture and bedding that Brook's nursery had, but it feels very different to me which I love. I think I love this tiny nursery more than I loved Brook's actually.

-The husband has been trying to make dinner every now and again. He is supposed to be taking over a lot of the household duties after the baby is born, so he is trying to practice now. It's been . . . interesting. He tries very hard, but he insists on finding his own recipes instead of using my tried and true favorites. We've had a few interesting meals, all of which contain tons of apple cider vinegar. I think I've used half of a bottle in the last year, and he bought 2 bottles at the store a few weeks ago and both are almost gone. I laughed when I saw he was using it again for last night's dinner, and I am really hoping he will start cracking open my blue cookbook and use some of the recipes that are our favorites and step away from Pinterest.

-I'm at the stage in pregnancy where I am too uncomfortable to sleep much. My hips hurt, I am congested, I get heartburn if I lay flat, and I have to get up at least twice to use the bathroom. Last night I tried sleeping on the couch, thinking it would be softer on my sore hips. I got to get up all night long with a little girl who was having bad dreams and the cat kept walking all over me. Back to bed it is.

-Nesting has begun. Not so much the "ZOMG clean all the things!" part of it, but I have been making a lot of freezer meals and spent an afternoon making huge batches of muffins that are now stacked neatly in the freezer as well. I hope the cleaning bug kicks in soon . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...